· Associate in design of the 20K Pressure-master hydraulic powered intensifier system using four each 2000
HP 16V149 TI power units for one hydraulic intensifier working with Thorne Industries
· Evaluate the design of a 7000 SHP single gas turbine unit (Allison 570K) to replace the four diesel power
units in the 20K Pressure-master system working with Penske Power Systems
· Evaluate bulk material handling system(s) for gelling frac fluid on-the-fly
· Evaluate wet chemical delivery system problems and operate equipment during treatment (TIC injection system).
· Associate in design of blender tub level control system as a means of improved density control. Install
mechanical components on blenders in East
· Field introduction of automated frac blender (Hydropace) operating at 4000 GPM with proppant rate of 30,000
PPM with two wet and two dry chemical add systems while maintaining slurry density within 2%. Mechanical system included four
main hydrostatic drives and two accessory system drives.
· Evaluate design of high-rate sand delivery system (Cambelt) capable of 10,000 PPM sand from either or both
· Design and test high pressure (15,000 PSI) centrifuge-type sand concentrator for use with Nitrogen foam
fracturing treatment. System complete with means of de-energizing fluid at high pressure. Patent granted #4,588,509
· Associate in design of foam generator; used to develop optimum bubble size for maxmimum proppant transport
in foam frac operations
· Teach foam fracturing short course (how to use sand concentrator with latest instrumentation in foam fracturing
· Construct and operate device to commingle Nitrogen gas with multiple fluids below the wellhead (Union Oil)
· Design and build manifold trailer with 15,000 PSI treating iron. Allowing 12 pump trucks to be inter-connected
for a single stimulation job. Revenue was greatly imcreased due to the greater number of stimulation treatments performed
per unit time.
· Evaluate refurbished air liquification plants for in-house production of cryogenic Nitrogen (liquid Nitrogen)
at Gibson Cryogenics and Alabama Oxygen
· Specify, evaluate and approve design of Liquid Nitrogen transport units for oilfield service; working with
LOX Equipment. Both 7000 and 5200 gallon trailers, and 3000 gallon body-load units. Built to WPS standards with higher delivery
capacity than industry standard.
· Specify, evaluate, and approve design of a 39,000 gallon high-rate liquid Nitrogen delivery system for installation
in Bryan, Texas; working with Linde Cryogenics. Simultaneous
delivery of 150 GPM from any or all three delivery stations with backup provision. Negotiate cost and justify expenditure
to region operations.
· Provide engineering design and field support to WPS introduction of Nitrogen pumping equipment in the Rockies
(Farmington, NM); Airco and Cryomec equipment delivering
GN2 at 15,000 PSI and rates to 1MMSCFM
· Evaluate equipment and assist in writing safe operating procedures
for pumping CO2. Conduct CO2 training school in Mineral Wells.
· Equipment modifications to CO2 booster system evaluated (Kilgore)
· Associate in design of flowback manifold for highly abrasive (bauxite slurry) flowback system; flow back
well for Perry R. Bass at 9000 PSI.
· Design, field test, and implement equipment changes to best use WPS design recirculating cement mixer with
WPS low pressure bulk delivery system for use both onshore and offshore.
· Develop the WPS Cyclone mixer (patented), a revolutionary recirculating mixer compatible with WPS bulk delivery
system. Field tested with over 40,000 sacks of various cment blends.
· Design modification and field introduction of automated cement pump truck. Radical departure from
existing technology in every aspect of design. Field introduction to East Texas, South Texas,
· Evaluate bulk cement delivery system for high-rate mixing. Make recommendation to increase delivery pressure.
· Teach recirculating cement mixing technology course to WPS and customer personnel. Course consists of classroom
and actual equipment operation (mixing cement).
· Joint project with D.O.E. using cement equipment for waste disposal
· Perform ultra-sonic thickness inpection of treating iron (wall thickness)
· Study to re-work v. replace worn field iron. Develop engineering standards.
· Project to remove and re-use iron from idel equipment. Complete inspection by third party (Tuboscope)
· Implement rapid warm-up system on equipment operating in cold climate. Circulates road engine cooling water
through deck engine to warm while roading to location.
· Design and evaluation of high-rate frac heads; internal material treatment to maximize erosion resistance
(Ion nitride, Boron nitride)
· Design hydrostatic transmission to replace DDA deck engine on Cryomec high-rate Nitrogen pump
· Field test and training on the use of standard and high-rate wellhead isolation tools (treesavers).
· Evaluate different flowmeter designs (non-invasive type) in different gelled fluids
· Perform field replacement and calibration of Texas Nuclear radioactive cement densiometers on all onshore
and offshore installations.
· Represent engineering at various cement and hydraulic fracturing treatments including massive hydraulic
fracture treatments in Kilgore and Laredo
· Integrate line of float equipment into WPS product line (engineering and manufacture)
· Design and field introduction of one-trip gravel pack system. Write all technical and marketing literature.
· Associate in design of numerous service and production tools
· Design and field use of “blowout” packer. Tool is snubbed into a well while the well is blowing
out, and is set using either well pressure or tubing pressure. Used successfully on a well flowing 30MM gas and 3000 BPD distillate.
· Associate in design of pressure “regulator” for use in high pressure fracturing (Sun Oil).
· Technical response to bid tenders through WPSI
· Represent WPS downhole tool at various trade shows (SPE, LAGCOE, etc.)
· Design, build, and operate downhole tool test facility for WPS
· Design enhancements to Wellhead isolation tools (tubing and casing sizes) to permit operation at high slurry
· Write engineering bulletins on new products, product modifications, and operational changes.
· Write computer software to predict erosion of customer tubing during high-rate treatment using wellhead
· Sales and training seminars for Exxon, Chevron, Tenneco, Shell, Amoco and Mobil as well as independent oil
and gas producers
· Taught Advanced Tool Traning session on Sand Control Methods at WPS technical training center.
· Perform accident investigation on behalf of WPS (five major investigations)
· Represent WPS as registered professional engineer in legal matters.
· Basic Well Operations (OGCI)
· DOT card and Commercial driver’s license
· Down Hole Pump Training (WPS)
· Basic Stimulation Techniques and Design (WPS)
· Stimulation Technical Development (WPS)
· Cementing Technical Development (WPS)
· Lubrication Seminar (UTA)
· Failure Analysis School
· Supervisory Skills & Techniques (WPS)
· Supervisory Core Phase II (WPS)
· Engineer as Manager (Batelle)
· Finite Element Analysis (Algor Interactive Systems)