for all engineering and maintenance activity for selected equipment providing ground support to American Airlines fleet of
400+ aircraft in 150 stations worldwide.
· Aircraft fleet included: Boeing 727, 737, 747SP, 767 Douglas
DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, MD-83 BAE 146 Airbus
· Ground Support Equipment included: aircraft de-icing equipment and operations, aircraft pushback tractors,
ground electric power units, ground air conditioning units, jet-engine start units, baggage loading equipment, container and
freight loading equipment, baggage tractors, mobile passenger stairs, lavatory and fresh water service units, personnel transport
units (busses and trucks)
· Write AA specification for new ground support equipment to be compatible with AA Regulations, FAA, OSHA,
EPA, aircraft manufacturer’s requirements.
· Develop requirements and standards for aircraft de-icing equipment and operations.
· Evaluate all new equipment proposals made by vendors for compliance to specification and issue engineering
approval to purchasing
· Monitor performance of equipment and parts suppliers
· Cost reduction of new equipment and existing fleet
· Financial determination of re-furbish v. purchase new equipment
· Assist purchasing in development and monitor fo facilities contracts
· Engineering evaluation of FBO equipment and facilites (Fixed Base Operators who service AA aircraft)
· Evaluate equipment and facilites for seasonal service locations (ski cities in preparation for winter operations)
· Perform station audits for equipment maintenance and condition
· Perform station audits for compliance to AA Regulations as well as other governing bodies (such as New York
· Review and monitor manpower standards for group support operations
· Monitor and manage regional maintenance facilities (Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago,
New York, San Juan) to provide assistance to
· Conduct quarterly and annual meetings for Ground Equipment Management personnel
· Monitor, analyze and respond to ground equipment related aircraft delays (daily conference call monitor)
· Monitor, analyze and support AA in all ground equipment related accidents.
· Work with aircraft maintenance to resolve ground equipment/aircraft servicing interface problems
· Develop Quarterly Ground Equipment Maintenance Report
· Integrate ground support equipment acquired from integration of AirCal operations.
· Perfrom special projects as directed by management